Can you install SimpliSafe video Doorbell without an existing Chime or Doorbell? Learn how to install a doorbell from SimpliSafe that will ring inside your home when someone presses the bell, then be heard in your separate phone app.
SimpliSafe Video Doorbell can be installed without an existing doorbell. It is a wireless, battery-powered video intercom that provides access to your home and offers motion detection technology that alerts you when someone approaches the front entrance of the house.
The Video Doorbell Pro can be used without an existing doorbell or chime. It’s compatible with all SimpliSafe systems and includes a year warranty. if you have an existing doorbell from another manufacturer that you love but want the security features of the new SimpliSafe Video Doorbell, then it should be easy to install and work like a charm!
SimpliSafe Doorbell was meant to operate with an existing doorbell, but it can also work without one, therefore it must be linked to a major power source. The SimpliSafe Doorbell was also intended to function without the use of batteries.
The SimpliSafe doorbell works with any transformer that can supply 8-24 V AC. SimpliSafe, on the other hand, recommends a 16V AC transformer for best performance.
The device has a range of up to 500 feet and comes with free standard shipping as well as a 1-year warranty on parts and labor for installation or replacement should there be any issues during those years.
How To Install SimpliSafe Doorbell Without Existing Doorbell Or Chime
- First, unpack the SimpliSafe Doorbell security device.
- Loosen the terminal screws on the Video Doorbell.
- Insert the male USB adapter’s wire into the terminal screws on the SimpliSafe Doorbell product’s backside.
- Tighten the terminal screws after situating the wires.
- Connect the male USB adapter to the female USB port and plug in the transformer.
- When the electricity is switched on, the amber light on the transformer will glow.
- If your doorbell rings, the connection was successful.
- If not, wait a few minutes for the camera battery to charge and the terminal wires to be exchanged.
- Set up the SimpliSafe Doorbell product’s Wi-Fi connection now.
- Navigate to Google Play or Apple Store on your smartphone and search SimpliSafe in the search panel.
- Tap the Download button after selecting the SimpliSafe Home Security app.
- After downloading the app, press the Open button, then Install.
- To finish the SimpliSafe Home Security installation, follow the on-screen directions.
- If the app invites you to scan the QR code, use the doorbell camera to do so.
- You may now use the SimpliSafe Home Security app on your smartphone to see the video clips captured by the doorbell.
- If you are having trouble figuring out how to Install Simplisafe Doorbell without an Existing Doorbell product, please contact our technical support staff by selecting the Call button on this screen.
How to Mount SimpliSafe Video Doorbell DIY
- Locate a good place for your SimpliSafe doorbell installation. I recommend mounting it 4 feet from the ground so that your entire front yard is viewable from the installation point.
- Mark the three holes necessary for attaching the doorbell using the accompanying wall plate as a guide. Because you will be pulling the adapter cables through the center hole, it must go through the wall. The top and bottom holes will be utilized to fasten the wall plate to the wall.
- Drill the smaller holes at the top and bottom with a 3/16inch (4.75mm) bit. To pull the wires, drill a larger hole in the center using an 11/32inch (9mm) drill bit.
- Secure the wall plate to the wall using the 1-inch screws included in the box. If you require a better angle for your SimpliSafe Video Doorbell, you may utilize the angled-base included in the box.
- Pull the adapter wires through the center hole and attach them to the two screws on the wall plate (The order does not matter).
- Slide the SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro onto the wall plate with care.
- Connect the adapter to the chime transmitter and plug the other end into an indoor power outlet.
- After a few minutes, your SimpliSafe doorbell should be operational.
Does SimpliSafe doorbell chime at the base station?
If you are looking to install a SimpliSafe doorbell, one of the first questions that you might have is whether it chimes at the base station. The short answer is yes, but there may be an issue with installation if your current doorbell or Chime doesn’t work in conjunction with this device.
The video doorbell can be wired or wireless. The way it works is that, by default, the button will chime at the base station when someone presses the doorbell so you know they are there. If you want to use your own existing Chime or Doorbell, then you will need to purchase a separate button.
SimpliSafe offers step-by-step instructions in their user manual for installing and using all products on site.